Job Requisition ID:
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day Overview of the role:
Responsible for all the construction of all the carpentry and paint work in the store. Ensure proper maintenance and repair of all carpentry related store assets. What you will do:-
Description of Accountability:
- Undertake and carry out the company’s carpentry and other maintenance requirements as outlined by the workshop Coordinator and/ or Com-in Manager.
- Assist the Interiors Designer/VM/Activity teams as required during store remodeling or the catalogue launch planning, in carpentry related work; schedule and complete the comIn team’s needs to meet deadlines.
- Liaise with the Workshop Coordinator and / or Com-In Manager to determine the scope of routine maintenance required and carry out the work as required.
- Draw up a list of materials and equipment, when required, on all work to be performed and submit it to the Workshop Coordinator.
- Set up or dismantle store and back-office fixtures, as well as handle their maintenance and repair.
- Repair damaged carpentry & paint work when necessary and support in providing technical assistance to customers as and when required.
- Ensure safety at all times while working in any area of the store (Selling & non-Selling areas) and take action when needed.
Minimize cost by maximizing/reusing materials and resources . Required Skills to be successful:
What equips you for the role:
- Able to carry out Finishing Carpentry, Wood and painting, wall construction and floor covering.
- Good command of English language is preferred.
- Good command of Arabic language is preferred.
About Al-Futtaim Retail
- High School/ Vocational education
- 3-6 years’ experience in carpentry.
- Customer Focus.
- Individual Accountability.
- Continuous Improvement approach.
- Personal Leadership.
- Team Player.
Al-Futtaim Retail has established itself as one of the leaders in Retail across the Middle East, Africa & Asia over the past 30 years. We have developed partnerships with some of the biggest and most respected Brands in the world including IKEA, ACE and Toys R Us in the Middle East and the Inditex Group of Brands (Zara, Mango, Bershka and P&B) across Asia. We are also one of the largest Global partners of Marks and Spencer’s in both regions with over 75 stores offering both fashion & food options.
Most recently we have been responsible for bringing brands to the Middle East for the first time with the exciting launches of Watsons and B&Q and we aim to continue to be agile and adaptive to our markets with new launches and further development. For this to be possible we aim to recruit the best talent from all backgrounds who will continue to challenge and develop our diverse workforce which includes over 100 nationalities across 12 countries. Join us today and make a difference…