Cashier | IKEA | Oman
Overview of the role:
- Maintaining clean and orderly checkout areas whilst serving customers with great Customer Service skills.
- Follow SOPs including counting and recording the float before trading begins and upon close of trading in order to reduce losses.
What you will do:-
Description of Accountability:
- Receiving payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits. Follow the SOP pertaining to cash handling.
- Computing and recording transactions and ensuring 100% accuracy for all register transactions.
- Counting and recording the float before trading begins and upon close of trading.
- Cash handling and safe custody of collected cash.
- Ensuring that company's customers are well-attended to, assuring their needs is satisfied.
- Work efficiently and effectively in order to minimize queues.
- Maintaining clean and orderly checkout areas.
- Ensuring and maintaining adequate stock of printed stationary at required stock level.
Required Skills to be successful:
- Comfort with shifts
- Flexibility and punctuality
- High level of accuracy
- Familiarity with computer use
- Mathematical, Organisational and Customer Service Skills
What equips you for the role:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years’ experience in handling till transaction
- Customer Focussed
- Individual Accountability
- Continuous Improvement
- Personal Leadership
- Taking Initiative
- Drive for Results
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong/excellent attention to detail