Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will be working as Public Affairs Specialist / PRO, will be the part of Process Automation Business Area for Human Resources division based in Muscat, Oman. In this role you will be planning and executing agreed processes and activities to manage public relations. Coordinating with ABB office and government officials in terms of processing all government related documents to ensure business continuity. Keeping abreast of regulatory changes and updating management with relevant information. Ensuring compliance with external regulatory requirements and implementation of relevant internal company policies and procedures. Serving as the primary company contact for external agencies and represent ABB in matters before regulatory bodies.
This position reports to
HR Services Specialist
- Timely preparation, submission and processing of all application and paperwork to the local government bodies which includes employment visas, express visas, dependent visas, labor permits, all company related trade licenses, registrations, exit permits, letters, reports etc
- Timely renewals/cancellations to be taken care, assisting employees and dependents for any resident permit related medicals, certificate attestations, exist permits etc, assisting country HR with all inquiries concerning labor and immigration matters
- Supporting with transportation of guests, delivering and collecting of documentation, following up and resolution of operation issues related to external parties as required, performance of other related office administrative as requested by the management
- Establishing and maintaining positive relationships at all levels of government, public services and other authorities (Ministry of Labour, MOCI, ROP, Custom, Muscat Municipality etc.) to facilitate communication and help advance the organization’s business interests
- Managing the organization’s high level, complex, controversial, or critical government relationships and advising company about any changes in policies and procedures which includes all labor and immigration rule changes.
- Representing ABB’s position on legislation and government policy to government representatives, committees, trade associations and other regulatory agencies so that the organization’s interests are advanced, representing the company at locations such as the police station, airport, hotels, embassies, ministries and municipality and assisting company in resolving any issues
- Responding accurately and promptly to enquiring from government and other external representatives about the organization and its activities, without releasing information that could compromise the company’s competitive position or confidentiality standards
- Preparing materials for meetings and other events involving external representatives so that the company’s internal representatives are well informed on current issues, supporting planning of events internally and externally, promoting and participating in community programs and performing other tasks to positively promote the company’s image
- Managing assigned budget (including both internal and external costs) for the function, preparing and submitting monthly report to finance with appropriate cost allocation
- communicating and coordinating with business leaders, line managers and other relevant employees to ensure that all the organization’s dealings with government agencies are conducted ethically, legally and according to ABB’s policies and standards.
- Diploma or Equivalent in any business management field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as Public Relationship
- Strong knowledge with Omani government services bodies
- and process
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft office Excel for
- Documentation and archiving skills.
- Own Car and valid Driving License.
- Good communication skills, well versed in Arabic and English language.
More about us
Our mission Human Resources (HR) is to help ABB stand out when it comes to our people - from leadership, performance and talent management to rewards and career opportunities. In all that we do, we seek to create competitive advantage by dedicating resources to attracting, developing and retaining talented individuals who are customer-focused, collaborative, innovative and driven
Work model: on site85077746