With a history that spans over 40 years, Majliya has achieved uncompromising standards of quality and craftsmanship in its stunning, handcrafted jewellery lines and stunning sterling silver traditional gifts.
Inspired by Omani heritage and culture, collections represent the quintessential Majliya style, which has become synonymous with high-end luxury amongst the brand’s loyal patrons.
Majliya is now looking for talented jewellery Design Lead capable of enriching the assortment of Jewellery and heritage collections and become an essential element of the Majliya team.
The Design Lead will provide Jewellery & Heritage design creativity and will lead the design process for all design projects including bespoke design jobs. He/She will be responsible for delivering best-in-class designs/3D renderings which reflect the brand’s true essence through new developments and elevating the quality of existing jewellery collections in-line with the brand vision and future business expansion.
- Proactively manage, develop, and lead the design process
- Create an effective working process that ensures high quality and profitable output
- Provide training, mentoring, and career planning for the design team
- Keep in regular dialogue with production, sales, and marketing heads
- Manage timelines and resources for multiple projects in association with the production department
- Produce world-class design/3D/Rendering/manual drawings
- Participate in client meetings as required to collect as much as possible information and hints on the expected results.
- Establish a clear design vision for the brand in the medium/long term
- Follow up and deliver jewellery and heritage collection expansions in collaboration with marketing and manufacturing teams
- Be a reference point on creativity and design within the company
- Provide a clear direction and own the development of branded design narratives for all brand lineups
- Act as key contact for luxury brand design development
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of brand history, industry trends and competitors’ design environment and leverage this knowledge in design development
- Establishing a benchmark in design innovation by using new products, materials & mechanisms
PERSONAL PROFILE AND REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Knowledge of design-related software
- Creative, artistic and able to follow a vision
- The ability to motivate and inspire teams by example
- Be able to fully integrate with the sales, marketing and production teams
- Attention to details and problem solving
- At least 3 years of prior jewellery design manager experience
- Fluency in English
- Understand and represent the luxury lifestyle image of the brand
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to ensure clear, effective communication with team members and department heads
- We are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive benefit and compensation package.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
The performance of the Design Lead will be reflected in the following Key Result Areas:
1. artistic and naturally creative.
2. practical when using tools and materials.
3. accurate and attentive to detail.
4. knowledgeable about materials and working processes.
5. able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
Location: Muscat, Oman
Working hours: 8am – 5pm