To lead the branch’s business intervention set by the bank through the implementation of innovative business plans and high customer services and operational strategies in accordance with the stipulated approved policies and guidelines in order to achieve the desired business growth.
Main Tasks & Accountabilities
- Develop an annual plan reflecting the strategies and activities that will be adopted by the branch in accordance with guidelines and approved policies in order to align the effort pf the branch employees and facilitate the achievements of business goals.
- Distribute the business goals and targets among the branch employees considering each position and its circumstances to facilitate team work and distinguish performance.
- Lead the sales, cress sales, and customer service activities of branch through planning and continues coaching to employees in order to support them to achieve the branch business goals & targets.
- Monitor the performance of the branch and employees on weekly basis in accordance with the agreed target to avoid any surprises at year end and take any required corrective measure.
- Support the employees work by having regular performance reviews, preform coaching sessions to scale up their performance and achieve the desired business targets.
- Ensure that the manpower is efficiency allocated and it is sufficient in the right place at the right time at the branch to perform all required with customer related transactions and servicing to achieve smooth operations of business.
- Supervise all HR related matters such as leave planning, attendance, and discipline as per the approved policies to maintain high level of employee’s productivity.
- Identify any weaknesses within the branch staff to coach and guide in order for them to direct proper investments.
- Identify potential successors within the branch for the identified critical positions in order to ensure business continuity of bank’s operations.
- Ensure all internal / external audit observations/ test compliance review are closed with the agreed framework to have risk- free business operation.
- Ensure all audit requirements are complied with and their recommendations are followed up and implemented to mitigate all risks.
- Coordinate with administration department for branch maintenance in regular basis to ensure that the premises is presenting a good image of the bank.
- Ensure compliance with the regulatory requirements and relevant quality, health, safety, security, and environmental procedures and controls across the branch to guarantee employee safety and delivery of high quality products/services.
- Comply with all bank policies, procedures, code of conduct, AML guidelines/fraud monitoring guidelines, and CBO & CAM regulations.
- Ensure operational activates of the branch are in compliance with CBO limits, policy, regulations and procedures to circumvent any observations and fines
- Ensure that all daily transaction reconciliation and balancing routines are undertaken as per the approved policies of the bank to ensure all transactions are posted in the system and cash is counted and stored safely
- Supervise the preparation of branch monthly reports and ensure their accuracy as per the approved formats to meet the deadlines set by the bank/Retail banking division.
- Ensure that all the branch employees are fully aware of all bank’s up-to-date products in order to be able to promote and cross sell whenever opportunity arises with current customers and potential customers to maximize revenues.
- Devise marketing strategies in accordance with marketing department and head of branches to reach out to maximum number of different customers segments in order to build the bank image and brand in the community.
- Pro-active participate in bank products campaigns and promotion in order to identify new potential customers, and cross sell the products, pass business opportunity leads to other business to achieve sales targets.
- Provide a focal point for the relationship between branch and its major customers to ease the communication process, customer requirements and ensure that quality service is being provided.
- Deal with major customer enquiries, queries, complaints and ensure the appropriate action is taken as per the limit authority or to escalate the matter to the management to ensure customer is justified in the most cost effective manner.
- Identify opportunities to contribute to organizational and departmental change initiatives, programmes and projects taking into account best practice and standards in the business environment.
- Perform other related duties or assignments as directed.
- Required: Strong background in Retail Banking with 8 years of experience in branches.
- Preferred: At least 5 years in Customer Relationship Capacity.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Management, Accounting, Financer or any relevant field.
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong knowledge of the whole spectrum of banking regulation, international standards, services and products;
- Demonstrate strong sales and marketing skills;
- Ability to take responsibility and make decision;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Arabic;
- Strong organizational skills, leadership, coaching, supervisory skills, and time management skills.