We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75 000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
As part of the deployment of Alstom in Motion 2025 strategy and the Alstom ambition to lead to way to greener and smarter mobility, the Sustainability & CSR Department is in charge to monitor environmental and societal trends, identify and lead projects generating shared economical, environmental and social value and develop opportunities for enhanced or new business models.
The Climate Manager, directly reporting to Sustainability & CSR Vice-President, is in charge of leading the strategy, roadmap, action plan and initiatives in the field of carbon and climate, driving projects enabling the environmental and social transformation of Alstom solutions and activities, developing internal awareness and external collaborations and contributing to position Alstom as a sustainable mobility leader through the following responsibilities :
- Drive Alstom long-term climate strategy: Monitor convergence of Alstom in Motion 2025 targets on energy reduction in solutions and % renewables with Product Platforms, Ecodesign, EHS, Sourcing, Regions. Manage revision of mid-term carbon reduction targets in line with Science-Based targets initiative with external consultants following integration of Bombardier Transportation. Further develop Climate Strategy targeting Net Zero Emissions with internal actors including associated roadmap and costs estimates,
- Coordinate the reporting on CO2 emissions, securing alignment to reporting standards (TCFD) and contributing to CDP questionnaire and other investors requests,
- Manage reporting of CO2 emissions for products sold involving internal contributors. Deploy new carbon footprint monitoring tool with external provider progressively expanding the scope covered overtime,
- Define methodology to calculate CO2 avoided emissions and participate to external working groups (Net Zero Initiative)
- Manage a portfolio of transformation projects of Alstom solutions, activities and processes in the field of climate with relevant internal actors (ex: reduction of emissions from logistics and IT, CO2 criteria for suppliers, deployment of Power Purchase Agreements, climate scenarios analysis). Track market trends and benchmark external initiatives to detect potential opportunities and assess them,
- Develop open collaborations with customers, start-ups, and external partners in the field of climate and energy,
- Define and deploy climate change risk assessment and adaptation plan in coordination with EHS and insurance teams,
- Assess innovative mechanisms (carbon pricing, carbon fund etc.), build business case and lead pilot deployment,
- Raise internal awareness on Climate issues, leveraging awareness tools (Fresque du Climat, internal network of actors),
- Contribute to develop external visibility and advocacy of Alstom on Climate,
- Support commercial and business lines teams in enhancing and marketing energy and climate messages in Alstom’s offering.
The Climate Manager will work closely with many internal functions (Sourcing, Ecodesign, EHS, Innovation, Governance, Communication, Risk management) and Product Lines, commercial and management teams (locally and centrally). She/He will also manage consultant work and interact with customers, suppliers, start-ups, sustainability experts and leaders, associations : ex AFEP.
We are looking for a candidate with a :
- Master's degree (M1 / M2) in Engineering/ Sustainability management, Environmental sciences from a top tier school/university
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in sustainability and environmental sciences
- Knowledge of current regulation, carbon schemes, tools and reporting initiatives,
- Experience with carbon footprint assessment and accounting and climate strategy
- Experience of the industry (BtoB) and/or transport sector and its environment
- Experience with carbon footprint digital tools, would be a plus
- Demonstrated ability to lead project and deliver on-time and efficiently with multiple stakeholders in a global environment,
- Autonomy in work organization, structure, rigor, ability to network and influence,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as the position will require to manage contacts with various functions and levels in the company as well as external contacts with customers and organisations
- Fluent English and French (writing and speaking)
- Ability to collect, analyse data and prepare powerful synthesis,
- Excellent level in the use of Office tools and specifically Excel, Power Point
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.