As a Backend Software Developer, you are expected to work on new innovative products and services in embedded finance. Product development involves building customer-facing web applications, as well as integration with 3rd parties, including technology partners and other financial institutions. You are also expected to work with our security team to ensure proper security measures of Mamun products are enforced.
You are required to have familiarity with both front-end and back-end technologies, as well as communication protocols between them. Experience with front-end design languages such as HTML, CSS, and JS is necessary, but no framework knowledge in front-end space is required. Experience with backend development is also necessary, along with an understanding of how modern web applications work.
However, more important than the knowledge of a specific language or framework is the ability to learn, expand one’s knowledge, and apply problem-solving techniques to deliver value to the business.
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years of professional experience as a Backend Software Developer.
- Enthusiasm for software development and passion to learn new languages and technologies.
- Experience in Scala and Java programming languages. Knowledge of libraries such as Akka and cats/zio is a plus.
- Experience with Linux OS and Unix tools is required.
- Working knowledge of REST API Development is required, including swagger documentation and JWT-based authentication and authorization. Knowledge of other API protocols such as gRPC and GraphQL is a plus.
- Practical knowledge of HTTP/HTTPS protocol and servers is required particularly Nginx web server.
- Hands-on experience with SQL and Relational DB technologies is required, especially with PostgreSQL DB. Experience with NoSQL is a plus.
- Familiarity with the latest Authentication and Authorization technologies in modern web applications is required. Understanding JWT/OAuth2/OIDC is a plus.
- Ability to work in an Agile team.
- Effective communication in both verbal and written forms in English.
- Experience in creating and working with docker deployments, along with DevOp methodologies, CI/CD, and working with cloud services.